Taking your first mechanics of materials class? The Wolfram Mechanics of Materials Course Assistant will help you solve those tricky homework problems, prepare for your next exam, and be ready to tackle future courses! The Wolfram Mechanics of Materials Course Assistant solves your specific problems, performs unit conversions on the fly, and shows you the equations!
This app covers the following topics applicable to mechanics of materials, mechanics of deformable bodies, solid mechanics, mechanics and materials, and statics:
- Calculate the normal stress on and extensional strain in a body
- Solve for the effects of temperature changes on a member
- Search for material properties of alloys, plastics, and woods
- Determine the Young's modulus, Poisson's ratio, and shear modulus of an object
- Use Hooke's Law for uniaxial stress and plane stress and a generalized version to solve for a member's stress or strain
- Evaluate axial deformation problems
- Find the shear stress on circular bars, rectangular or elliptical shafts, and thin-walled members undergoing torsional forces
- Determine the twist angles of torsion members
- Calculate the extensional strain and flexural stress in pure bending beams
- Solve for the deflection of statically determinate beams
The Wolfram Mechanics of Materials Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Mechanics of Materials Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
Mechanics of Materials App is a free trial software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2015-06-01. The program can be installed on Android.
Mechanics of Materials App (version 1.0.5329537) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 5 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.